Saturday, February 26, 2011

Finding the Perfect Place.....

As most people who know me are aware, I am getting married! A few people have asked where the ceremony will be held. We will be joining together as one at Fort Hunter State Park. "State Park" I say...Yes. John told me he knew a place and when he said "State Park" I thought to myself, "I don't think so" I am NOT getting married at a State Park unless it is Yosemite! He took me to this place and I was amazed! It was breathtaking!





It was in the afternoon and the sun was starting to set and the colors were so vivid! I took the above photos because with the sun and the River I was left speechless. We continued our walk and I took a few more photos, I was in love with the natural beauty. Who would have thought that in the middle of Harrisburg, PA there was this little gem! I was convinced so far but I needed to see the place I would be marrying the love of my life.



We walked up from the river and there was a house...neigh a Mansion there. we walked over to the information sign to read about this place. It was built in 1725 by a man named Chambers. During the French and Indian War the British built man forts up the Susquehanna river and the land the Mansion was on was turned into a British Fort called Fort Hunter. Over the years it was bought and sold until in 1956 a woman from Washington, DC bought the land and created the Fort Hunter Foundation.

I am glad she did or I am sure this lovely place would have been left to ruin. I still didn't know where our ceremony would take place and then we saw it.



We walked around the house and there was the "West Lawn". A small green(even in Winter) lawn that slopes slightly down toward the river. John walked down to look over the river and I could just imagine what it would be like. There was my groom that I would be walking towards on my wedding day! At that point I was so excited I couldn't wait! I wanted to get married right then and there!

So, in a 7 short months with the glorious colors of a Pennsylvania Fall I will marry my best friend....at a State Park. I couldn't be happier about it!

2 comments:

  1. This place is perfect! Just like you and John! I can't wait to see how beautiful this day turns out. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is Beautiful! If I can ever talk David into a vowel renewel I would love a place like that.

    ReplyDelete